Fitzgerald Lake Conservation Area Regulations
Welcome to the Fitzgerald Lake Conservation Area (FCLA). Maps are available at the North Farms Road and Moose Lodge parking lots.
To protect the wildlife and habitat of Fitzgerald Lake, we thank you for observing the following regulations:
- Hiking, cross-country skiing, ice-skating, fishing, bird watching, and non-motorized boating (canoeing and kayaking) are allowed from dawn to dusk.
- Dogs must be kept on leashes. Unleashed dogs may be an annoyance and a potential hazard to wildlife, people, and other dogs. Please pick up dog waste and pack it out. Mutt Mitts are available at the North Farms Road and the Moose Lodge entrances.
- Fires, camping, and all motorized vehicles (including boats) are prohibited.
- All wildlife, including plants and flowers are protected pursuant to law—please don’t disturb, feed or pick them.
- Please stay on designated blazed trails (blue, white and red) within the Conservation Area. Wetlands are particularly sensitive to off-trail use. Please don’t use trails that are posted “Private Property—Keep Off”.
- Hunting and trapping is not permitted anywhere in the Conservation Area.
- There are no trash cans or toilet facilities at the FCLA; if you bring it in, please pack it out.
A complete list of regulations for the FCLA is available from the
Northampton Conservation Commission, City Hall, 210 Main Street, Northampton, MA 01060.